‘The promotion of oral health and the prevention of oral disease across Europe through our united European Dental Hygienist Association members’
Welcome to the EDHF
Who we are
The European Dental Hygienists Federation (EDHF) is a non-profit organisation representing 19 national dental hygienist associations across Europe (according to World Health Organisation – Regional Office for Europe (WHO-EURO)). Together, the 19 member associations of EDHF represents approximately 30,000 dental hygienists.
Each member association is represented by two delegates. The EDHF is managed by a four-member board chosen from amongst the representatives of the member associations. The Federation meets on an annual basis to review its progress and update te policy of the Federation
If you are a dental hygienist association and wish to become a member, please see ‘membership application’.
What we do
The purpose of the EDHF is to promote oral health and the prevention of oral diseases by fostering access to high quality, preventive oral health care as part of general health care.
The EDHF strives to strengthen and promote the profession of dental hygienists across Europe on a non-governmental basis.
The EDHF provides a platform for the exchange of information between national dental hygienist associations and cooperates with other European associations of oral health professionals.
Objectives for the EDHF
- Strengthen the dental hygienist profession by working towards recognition of the profession in all European countries and in EU directives.
- Collaborate on education of the dental hygienist, at training and continuous professional development levels.
- Establish a Common Education Framework (CEF) recognised in EU-directives.
- Support each other in professional development, scientifically, in the labour market, at universities and amongst health care professionals.
- Collaborate with other organisations in order to strengthen oral health in society.
Funding and Sponsorship
The EDHF’s core activity is financed exclusively from membership fee’s paid by the Federation member associatons.
The Federation is supported by partners
LAUNCHED The NEW ORAL HEALTH Professional Platform
On 23 September 2019 a unique new e-learning platform is launched for continuing education for Dental Hygienists.
The purpose of the initiative is to meet the needs of continuous training that exists in this group.