‘The promotion of oral health and the prevention of oral disease across Europe through our united European Dental Hygienist Association members’
Welcome to the EDHF
Who we are
The European Dental Hygienists Federation (EDHF) is a non-profit organisation which represents approximately 20.000 dental hygienists across Europe. The Federation was established in 1999 and is now representing 17 national dental hygienist associations from the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA).
The EDHF members are the national representative dental hygienist associations of our European member countries.
The EDHF consists of a three member board (chosen out of the representatives of the member associations) and of two representatives from each member association. The federation meets annually ensuring the work of the Federation is continually reviewed and updated by the members.
If you are a dental hygienist association and wish to become a member, please see ‘membership application’.
What we do
The purpose of the EDHF is to promote oral health and the prevention of oral diseases by fostering access to high quality, preventive oral health care as part of general health care.
The EDHF strives to strengthen and promote the profession of dental hygienists on a European-wide non-governmental basis.
The EDHF provides a platform for the exchange of information between national dental hygienist associations and cooperates with other European associations of oral health professionals with oral health objectives.
Objectives for the EDHF 2014 – 2015
- Strengthen the Dental Hygienist profession by working towards recognition of the profession in all European countries and in EU directives.
- Collaborate on the education of the Dental Hygienist, at training and continuous professional development levels, in order to establish a common training framework recognised in the directive on Professional Qualification and legislations (EU).
- Support each other in our professional development, scientifically, in the labour market, at universities and amongst health care professionals.
- Collaborate with organisations in order to strengthen oral health in society.
- Become a referral organization for EU directives and other subjects concerning the Dental Hygiene profession.
Funding and Sponsorship
The EDHF’s core activity is financed exclusively from membership fee’s paid by the Federation member organisations.
The Federation is supported by partners